I am now a Qiskit Advocate!
I just got the confirmation via mail that my Qiskit Advocate application has been accepted! You can now find me on https://qiskit.org/advocates/, search for “Adrien”.
It reminds me how much Qiskit has changed since the first time I used it in February 2018. Back then the library was clearly different and less developer-friendly. But this might make another blog post and is not the subject of today!
For those who are interested, I include here the notes I wrote to list all my contributions related to the Qiskit community. Note that contributions were sorted in 4 tiers of descending importance.
My contributions to Qiskit
Tier 1 (12-15 points)
Research paper using Qiskit:
- A Hardware-Aware Heuristic for the Qubit Mapping Problem in the NISQ Era
- Quantum circuit design methodology for multiple linear regression
- qprof: a gprof-inspired quantum profiler
Winners of IBM Quantum / Qiskit events
- IBM Quantum Challenge 2020 ranked 14th.
- Open Science Prize: one of the winning teams on the Graph State Challenge. IBM Blog post announcing the winners. I have been quoted in the blog post!
- IBM Quantum Challenge 2021 ranked 1st (score of 3 on the VQE exercise).
Tier 2 (8-12 points)
Note: Some projects might be in Tier 3 instead of Tier 2.
Individual Qiskit projects:
- Implemented a Quantum PROFiler (qprof) that is compatible with Qiskit.
- Implemented dynamical decoupling into qiskit-ignis (not merged).
Individual Qiskit projects that are now outdated:
- qasm2image: a tool to transform an OpenQASM program into an SVG representation.
- quantum-hhl-4x4: a qiskit implementation of a paper about HHL that led to a publication.
Qiskit Localization Contributor
Silver Level Translator for 2021. I do not have a badge for 2020 but I attached the report from CrowdIn to show that I am already at the Silver level for 2021.
Tier 3 (4-8 points)
Open source contributions that are relatively simple:
Create quantum / Qiskit related content:
I have a personnal blog where I talked a little bit about Qiskit and my experiences with the IBM Quantum Challenge 2020: https://adrien.suau.me. Links:
- IBM Quantum Challenge 2020 - Part 1
- IBM Quantum Challenge 2020 - Part 2
- IBM Quantum Challenge 2020 - Part 3
- IBM Quantum Challenge 2020 - Part 4
- IBM Quantum Challenge 2020 - Part 5
- IBM Quantum Challenge 2020 - Part 6
Individual Qiskit projects that are relatively simple:
- See list in Tier 2, I might have misjudged the correct tier for some projects.
Active participation of IBM Quantum / Qiskit events:
- Participation in IBM Quantum Network courses (part of Montpellier Hub in France).
- Participation in all the IBM Quantum Challenges.
- Participation in Qiskit Hackthon Europe (project not picked for 2nd round).
Tier 4 (1-4 points)
StackExchange: accepted answers to Qiskit related questions
- How many operations can a quantum computer perform per second? (usage of Qiskit and IBM hardware in answer).
- Phase-Shift Gate in Qiskit
- What are theta, phi and lambda in cu1(theta, ctl, tgt) and cu3(theta, phi, lam, ctl, tgt)? What are the rotation matrices being used?
- Controlled unitary from the HHL algorithm – practical implementation using Qiskit
- Why won’t Qiskit ccx gate accept registers?
- Checking value of variable using quantum approach
- What is the minimal delay between gates on IBM devices?
- Multiple Providers on IBMQ
- An issue in plotting the quantum circuit using latex
- Bug in IBM backend?
- Implementing a complex circuit for a Szegedy quantum walk in qiskit
- Error When Importing from qiskit.aqua
- The maximum depth possible on quantum computers